Basingstoke Rugby Club. Ride out at 2pm / registration from 1pm
This is a rare chance for 40 cyclists to go on a training ride with members of Morvelo Basso – a top tier cycling team – with all money* and donations going to the Ark Day fundraising effort for Ark Cancer Charity.
Cyclists from the Morvelo Basso cycling team will be leading the peleton on two 25-mile rides that will start and finish at Basingstoke Rugby Club on the afternoon of Friday, June 21st, 2019.
Morvelo Basso is a top tier amateur road racing team that combines British and Italian design and racing passion. Its riders race throughout the season and many have stepped up to the professional ranks.
On Ark Day, some of the Morvelo Basso riders will take one group of 20 experienced cyclists on a 25-mile ride at an average 16 miles-an-hour, and a second group of entry-level/less experienced cyclists on another 25-mile ride, but at the average slightly slower pace of 13 mph.
Terms and Conditions
- Riders must sign up online and spaces are very limited.
- You must adhere to the terms and conditions of the ride laid out by Morvelo Basso
- You will be required to sign a health waiver.
- The Morvelo Basso team will provide vehicle support, which will include spare wheels, pumps, and other bike-related spares. However, every rider will need to carry their own spares such as inner tubes, hand pumps, and tyre levers as they would expect to on a normal training ride.
- Cycling helmets must also be worn by all riders.<
* 95p covers the Paypal processing fee.